Sunday, October 10, 2010

Am Excited....!!!

Hi frenz... I thought I should share with u all the most exciting moment in my life... Yes as a thread of continuation of my before post I would like to add this...

I had a dream of helping a child get education from long before and once I got my 1st salary I was reminded of my dream. Then one day I visited world vision website and found things interesting there.

Within a couple of days I decided I should do it, then told my parents about this. I expected them to say no or at least to say not now.. But was surprised when they stood calm and I was confused whether to take it as a "yes" or a "no"...

Few days later I decided to choose a child and dropped a mail to world vision saying my interest to sponsor a child. They responded back with few child options but I chose the child below from their website.




And made my 1st payment on 28th September, 2010. (Chose the date as 28th as it was my 1st salary date).

It was some two days before 2nd October my mom called me saying they have received a parcel from world vision with some forms and a photo frame with the child s photo. She also told me that the boy was celebrating his Birthday on 2nd Oct. He is just four years old. And that moment I still don't know why gave me so much excitement as if I have won the whole world. And I am really excited to see how he grows up and what he achieves in life. My parents felt proud for what I have done.

I know I have not done much, its just a matter of few INR from my monthly salary but if that can help a child live his dream, I felt I should do it.

Tomorrow when this child grows up and achieves something in life he will extend his hands to few other children and will help them live their dream.


I have just made a start. And wish who read this also try making a start.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Janani you are really great!!:)Super:) Even I want to start something like you:)Thanks for inspiring me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pavi : Happy to c ur comment in my blog.. Thnks. And I am not great dear. I will feel great if some of u also start helping... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ janani.! From my heart - Hats off.! Keep it growing :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janani Today after seeing this blog...I sponsored a child...Full credit gose to you...I used to always think to do it...but I never...check out this link for whom I sponsored ( http://www.worldvision.in/?Rect=wv-000157021&UID=204520 )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jithu : Thanks and let us keep it growing.. Need all your help. :)

    @Dinesh : Thanks. I am more excited for what you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Music Player