Friday, March 25, 2011

As I grow old :-)

23rd March 2011 -- @ Dominos, Graphite India, Bangalore


**********************************************************
Ignore the Preface if not interested as characters are involved :-)
**********************************************************
Sugan, Vinoth, Karthi and of course the gang would be incomplete without me.

Reason for our meet : Had to give a lot of money to Vinoth ;-)
Karthi ---> the only good thing he has ever done is getting me a wonderful Airtel postpaid connection in his name with which I can speak for 2000 min per month local and STD to Airtel mobile... (I speak more than that ;-( Anyway am not ready to listen to any of your mind voices, I talk only to my mom…)
Vinoth ---> Every month pays my phone bill (the reason why I had to give him money.)

@Vinoth : Thanks ellam solla mattaen. Kavalae padadhae.
@Karthi : Yepdi nee solikudutha madhiriyae potutaena. Happy.. :-)

After heavy dinner that night @ Dominos I thought I will sleep as soon as I reach my room. But unfortunately or fortunately it was a very bad night. It was 10 30 when I went to bed after the phone call (with my mom), I always sleep as soon as I go to bed, but this night didn’t want me to sleep, the reason I still don’t know. It was 12 o clock when I finally decided to get out of my bed, took my laptop and was trying to spend some time, found nothing interesting, then started typing contents for this post.
**********************************************************
Note : While reading this post don’t refer “I” to the author, refer it to you and read u will find the post true.

**********************************************************

These were some random memories that night flashing across my eyes…

When I was small I was crazy about few collections like crystal dolls (that I collect even today), rubber (I have about 60 to 70 different shaped erasers like carrot, mango, cashew, ball, bat, letters etc), tattoos (those we get for boomer), chocolate wrappers, etc.. but the thrill was about collecting money.. Every time I get pocket money I start saving. When my mom asks me go to shop to get something I would ask for commission, I used to wait for my birthday when I can get some money from my grandparents, then for Vishu when my parents give me money, by doing all these I would collect some money and get all these collections, I used to have immense pleasure each time I raised the count of my collections. Every week I used to count my collections even. Then after few years the craze slightly took a different shape, I used to save money using the before said ways but this time collections were fabric paint bottles to do painting, this lasted for few years.

But today I need not ask mom for commission for going to shop (neither is my mom going to send me to shop for getting things), I need not wait for Vishu or Birthday, not even for the end of the month to get my salary credited, I can get anything I want now, a house, a car, jewels or anything but I promise u the happiness I had in my childhood fighting and waiting for money and then getting things, I wouldn’t have that crazy happiness now.

This is just an example, but there are many more little pleasures we loose as we grow old.
Someday in school when I got 1st rank or say a centum in Maths and came home and told my parents, that satisfaction I had when I saw the pride in their face will never come back.

Someday when I scored well in my board exams, when I got into one of the best colleges, when I got my job, -- even these moments I would have seen my parents proud, but a promise again the pride they had and satisfaction I had from that day to today would have a depreciation rate. Say tomorrow I get a promotion in my job I would call my parents and tell them, (now I won’t even be able to see their proud faces, its just a phone call… I know there would come technical advices of making a Skype call but ………………), do u think they will have the same kind of happiness they had when I got 1st rank in some school days…??? Ask to yourself…. :-)


As we grow old, as days pass by are we gaining or loosing.  When I was just experimenting over this, I felt those that we gain are
FRIENDS,
Weight,
Height,
Personality,
Responsibilities,
Wealth,
Some degree,
Some skill set (work and personal ;) ), etc (I just stopped becoz nothing else came to my mind when I think what I have today.)

What we miss are
The beautiful times we had wit our frenz,
Happiness we get when we are with our loved ones,
Small fights with parents and siblings,
Our childhood smiles,
Our teenage tears,
And then lives one by one (remember everything around us also grows old)
Our great grandparents,
Our grandparents,
Elderly uncles and aunties,

One day our parents,
Then any of our friends, siblings, and one day ME and of course U.

AND ABOVE ALL THE ONE MANDATORY MISS EVERDAY IS OUR “TODAY”.

Just because my list of what I miss means more than what I have doesn’t actually mean I am a pessimist, but u just look back and ask the same question to yourself today, right now and start making the list just as I did and u will find the same… Person reading this might be of any age but by any chance u can’t escape these.

Today we might have a luxury car, bungalow and all luxuries we need but remember all those comforts we get in life as we grow old are not @ the cost of just money but also @ the cost of our small and silly happiness and satisfaction that we loose as we grow old.

Non materialistic happiness has its own value when compared to Materialistic happiness.
I believe the purity of happiness degrades with age.


Gone are the days when I dreamt of growing up and standing on my own legs making my parents proud, it’s all over. Now I feel I need those childhood days back. Someday in future I may long for my present days.

So remember what ever happens life has to go the way it has to. Enjoy your every second of life without wasting with silly excuses; the thing that has the smallest life span in this world is “TIME”… So don’t waste that precious time reading mokkai’s like mine ;-) ;-)


Ennalae idhuku mela mokka poda mudiyadhu… Enjoy your day.

I am waiting for my tomorrow for my trip to “MELKOTE”... Expect a post about this with cool pictures next week. Stay tuned.



5 comments:

  1. nallaa thaan mokka poadra -- what we gain as we grow old, athula oru point mattum unakku suit aagaadhae -- 'weight'! :-P

    Life is a tricky one - we got to live with those changes -- a life without much expectations itself, will be a happy one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ranjith : what we gain as we grow old, athula oru point mattum unakku suit aagaadhae -- 'weight'! :-P

    Yena solla vara nu puriyilla... "weight" or "height"..??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna know who r the 2 who rated this post as interesting..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ezhil : Yeah even I wanna know the two great ppl who rated interesting.. But I know the one person who rated Mokkae... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Janani: Rendumae nae vachukko..! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Music Player