Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I call it Marble Palace :)

Frenz here are few snaps taken by me and few grabbed from the web… Hope you differentiate between those.
Now about the place, this is a Jain temple by name “Shri Parshwa Sushil Dham”. It is the second place that took me off my feet after the Mysore Palace. Yes a wonderful place where you can discover yourself, a place where even breeze enters with silence. Though sun glows as much as it could when u enter the place the ambience will chill your heart and soul… I felt it.
One day when I was travelling home (Coimbatore) I just saw this temple. It was night so I couldn’t find out any landmarks nearby. Then after every time I go home I used to gaze out of the window to find out which place it is. It is on the highways after electronic city and before Hosur.

After some days it happened that I felt I should go there somehow. So I just asked my colleague cum friend Kalai if she knows the place and she said she would find out from her friend and tell me. And one day she came back to me and said it is in a place called Bommanasandra.

Then I set my mind for the travel. 11th December 2010, Saturday I got up @ 6 am (Yup believe me.. I got up :P), decided to travel there alone and started my journey. I reached Bommanasandra but had no symptoms of that temple. Then got into Atibele bus again and decided not to get down until I see the temple. Finally I saw it after the place called Neralur very close to Atibele.


I walked down to the temple. Found no one there. I was worried if the watchman would let me in. Was a little afraid but the ambience changed me. I was overwhelmed with the architecture and sculptures all in white seemed like in heaven (Yeah stories and pictures show heaven in snow white na.. :P). I didn’t know how to worship that god so just sat down there admired things around and came back.







This is during some festival I guess… Grabbed it from web.



For those who wish to visit just get into bus number 360 from Majestic or Silkboard and get down in Guest house stop after Neralur, the temple is just walk able distance from there.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice place. Hope I too visit it when I come to bangalore on January..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jithu : Oh sure.. Its a must visit place.. Do let me know how u feel after visiting it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey its so nice :) unaku mattum epadi dhan different ana places kannula padudho !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ani : This is the place I called u all for.. Anyways we ll plan someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the pictures and refloating my meories of this beautiful place. I've been here.. And my views are exactly like what you've experienced. :) However, I thought you weren't supposed to take pictures... Anyway, good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kushal : You are welcome... I think they allow now to take pictures..

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Music Player